His research interests are in the design, developement and evaluation of inventive mechanisms for Demand-Response in Smart Energy Grids.
- Doctor Electrical and Computer Engineer, National Technical University of Athens. (2/2014 – 12/2017)
- Topic: "Design and operation optimization of permanent magnet motors: machine learning algorithms development and load cycle consideration."
- Design, optimization, and construction of three PM motors. Study of electromagnetic, thermal, structural and rotordynamic phenomena. Complete load cycle consideration with machine learning algorithms.
- Scholar of the Special Account for Research Funding.
- Participation in the Greek Research Programs: “Development and trial operation of an Innovative Zero-Emissions Staff Carrying Hybrid Vehicle” and “Cyclades Interconnection”
- Teaching assistant and laboratory exercises supervisor in the "Electrical Machines Ι & ΙΙ" and “Electrical Machines Construction” courses of the ECE school of NTUA. Operation of industrial electric machines and power electronics’ devices.
- Supervision of 8 diploma theses.
- Electrical and Computer Engineer, National Technical University of Athens, registered in the Technical Chamber of Greece. (10/2007 - 10/2013)
- Diploma thesis subject: “Design and experimental validation of a traction permanent magnet motor”
Research Projects Participation
- iFLEX (4/2021 - present): Work on demand response incentivization in Smart Energy Grids
- Electrical engineer & Researcher at HEDNO electromobility department (11/2020 – present)
- ERIGrid 2.0 project manager
- EV4EU participation
- HEDNO vehicle fleet electrification strategy
- Charging infrastructure connection terms definition
- R&D engineer at Alpha Marine Consulting (1/2020 – 10/2020)
- Investigation of promising research areas
- Primary focus on Shipping Decarbonization through Electrification (purely electric and hybrid ships), LNG (Dual-Fueling) and Waste Heat Recovery (Exhaust Gas Turbines - Steam Turbines)
- Participation in vessel retrofitting projects
- Vessel electric supply malfunction investigations
- Electric motor design R&D at ESURF / Greek division head (6/2018 – 11/2019)
- Swedish start-up that developed the fastest and most power dense prototype electric surfboard, while it was also developing an innovative electric outboard.
- Designed and lead construction of the most powerful and power-dense low-voltage electric motor (>10kW/kg, 20kW, 500A)
- Definition of motor architecture and drive requirements.
- Electromagnetic design, thermal and mechanical design lead.
- Multiobjective optimization using stochastic and machine learning algorithms.
- Greek division human resources and operations manager (4 employees).